Study In Hungary
Download Documents here
Why Study in Hungary
There are several reasons to choose Hungary as country to study in but the most important reasons to study in Hungary can be classified in below terms:
- Firstly tradition and background of Hungarian universities also as a member of EU countries
- The lower cost of study and living in comparison to costs in other EU and North American countries
- Life facilities in Hungary
- The Hungarian higher education has a considerable history. The first university in Hungary was established more than 600 years ago. Today the number of universities and colleges - state and non-state (private and religious, recognized by the state) are over ten in Budapest only, many of them offering graduate (B.Sc., M.Sc.) and post graduate (Ph.D., DLA) programs in English. There are several scientific research centers with international connections cooperating with the universities.
- Hungarian diplomas are accepted and have a high prestige throughout the world.The high standard of the programs with the quite favorable tuition fees in international comparison, as well as the affordable cost of living attract more and more international students to Budapest.
- Hungary is a member of the European Union and a Schengen state. Higher education is conducted according to the Bologna System enabling students to transfer from one EU University to the other. Diplomas are consequently accepted everywhere in the European Union.
- Higher education has strong traditions with institutions operating for hundreds of years in some cases. The oldest Hungarian university is the University of Pecs operating since 1367 but the City of Debrecen has the longest continuous history of higher education operating continuously since 1538.
- Hungary is a relatively safe country with a low rate of violent crime.
- Fees and living costs are relatively low compared to the rest of Europe.
University of Debrecen
The University of Debrecen is a university located in Debrecen, Hungary. It is the oldest continuously operating institution of higher education in Hungary (since 1538). The university has a well-established programme in the English language for international students, particularly in the Medical field, which first established education in English in 1986. There are nearly 4000 international students studying at the university. Until 2014 technical Academy Awards (Oscars) have been awarded to five former students
Higher education began in Debrecen with the Calvinist College of Debrecen, which was founded in 1538. Over centuries of its existence it was one of the key institutions of higher education in Hungary. In the beginning of the 20th century the College was transformed into a university, and has a strong link and cooperation with the present Calvinist College's Debrecen Reformed Theological University.
The University of Debrecen is the second largest university in Hungary, is situated in Central Europe, and is a full member of both the European Union and the Schengen Agreement. The history of the University of Debrecen dates back to 1538 when the Reformed College of Debrecen was established. The international programs were launched in 1987, and all of them are delivered in English. At present, there are about 30,000 students and the number of international students is about 3,300, and they represent countries from all major regions of the world, including Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa, and North America. The teaching staff of more than 1,700 provides quality education in 15 faculties and 20 doctoral schools, offering the widest choice of majors in the country.
The University of Debrecen is proud to offer more than 30 degree programs in English: We offer International Foundation Year and Semester, various types of English Language Courses, Undergraduate, Graduate and PhD programs in medical and health sciences, IT, engineering, science, arts, business, music and agriculture.
The University of Debrecen has a student body of 30,000, out of which 18,600 are full-time students. More than 1700 instructors teach at the University, making it one of the largest higher education institutions in Hungary. Its 15 faculties and 20 doctoral schools undoubtedly offer the widest choice of majors and other forms of training.
The quality of teaching and especially research is indicated by the fact that more than half of the instructors have doctoral (PhD) degrees, and 23 professors are members of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. According to the yearly complex report of the Hungarian Ministry of Education, which serves as the base for the amount of research funding available to institutions of higher education, it is the best institution outside Budapest and is in the top three in the country, possessing 14-15% of the research volume carried out in Hungary.
- Foundation Programs
- International Foundation Year
- Intensive Foundation Semester
- English Language Courses
- Summer English Language Course
- Business Administration and Management, BA
- International Economy and Business, MA
- Computer Science Engineering, BSc
- Computer Science, BSc
- Business Informatics, BSc
- Computer Science, MSc
Engineering and Science Programs
- Biochemical Engineering, BSc
- Chemical Engineering, BSc
- Civil Engineering, BSc
- Electrical Engineering, BSc
- Mechanical Engineering, BSc
- Mechatronics Engineering, BSc
- Technical Management, BSc
- Chemistry, MSc
- Mechatronics Engineering, MSc
- English Studies, BA
- English Studies, MA
- North American Studies, MA
- Performance (Music), BA
- Musical Creative Art and Musicology, BA
- Performance (Music), MA
- Preparatory course - music theory, general music studies, choir conducting
- Preparatory course - classical instrument and voice studies
- Law Program
- LLM in European and International Business Law
- Agribusiness and Rural Development Engineering, BSc
- Agricultural Engineering, BSc
- Food Engineering, BSc
- Agribusiness Management, MSc
- Agricultural Engineering, MSc
- Animal Husbandry Engineering, MSc
- Agricultural Environmental Management Engineering, MSc
- Food Safety and Quality, MSc
- Biology and Environmental Sciences, PhD
- Chemistry, PhD
- Earth Sciences, PhD
- Informatics, PhD
- Mathematical and Computational Sciences, PhD
- Physics, PhD
- Law and Legal Studies, PhD
- Management and Business, PhD